I have always been more of a sweet than savoury person when it comes to bakes. But this sounds like a real comforting breakfast to beat the Monday Blues. An additional plus point, it’s really quick and easy.
Ham & Cheese Muffins
(adapted from Baking Taitai)
What you need (i doubled the recipe and made 15)
80g ham, diced (i used apple baked ham as it is less salty)
45g onions or shallot (i did’t use)
50g cheddar cheese, shredded
10g caster sugar
55g vegetable oil (i used olive oil)
50g fresh milk
90g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/8tsp baking soda
1. Stir fry ham (and onion) till fragrant. Set aside to cool.
2. Use a hand whisk to beat egg and sugar until well combined.
3. Add in oil and milk, continue to whisk until well mixed.
4. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Add into the mixture in step 3, use a spatula to fold the flour mixture in.
5. Add in cheese and fried ham (and onion). Use the spatula and gently mix well.
6. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups about 3/4 full. (i sprinkler top with some leftover cheese)
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C, 25 to 30mins.
I love love how the kitchen and living room were filled with the smell of this bake. Definitely putting a smile on me on a Monday morning.