The previous raisin butter cake was nearly finished in a day! Only four little slices are left on the second day. And since there’s no need to prepare for dinner today, decided to bake another cake!
I love checking on the oven constantly to see the ‘growth’ of the cake. Like a baby! Anyway, this recipe had been bookmarked for quite awhile and I finally baked it! Method-wise, it’s very similar to the butter cake. The only difference is in the addition of cheddar cheese into the cake. So nothing much can go wrong.
What you need (adapted from Yummy Bakes)
250g butter (i used salted)
80g shredded cheddar cheese
280g cake flour (sift with baking powder)
1 tsp baking powder
Some shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional, or use shredded pamersan)
1. Preheat oven to 180degree C and prepare 8” square baking tin (original use 3 small loaf tins)
2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
3. Add eggs one at a time and cream till smooth and light
4. Add cheddar cheese and mix till well combined
5. Add milk and flour in three portions and mix well
6. Pour into prepared tin and top with shredded cheese (this will give it a crispy top)
7. Bake for 40 to 45mins.
I love the cheese scent in the kitchen! Though this cake is slightly denser comparing to a butter cake, the texture is similar to a cheesecake when you sink your teeth into it. Imagine cheesecake marrying butter cake and this is the kid. The softness is great too! I love the crispy shredded cheese toppings too! Basically there’s nothing not to like about this cake. Give it a try!
A prefect marriage