The next best thing to have besides ice cream in this hot weather, it’s jelly! Chilled, sweet, chewy jelly.
What you need
1 packet Konnyaku Jelly powder
600ml water + 300ml sea coconut syrup
1 can sea coconut, cubed
1. Mix the jelly powder and sugar together
2. Heat water and syrup with low heat and stir in the jelly powder and sugar mixture
3. Heat till boil and off fire. Continue stirring to cool down the mixture slightly
4. Spoon or pour mixture into jelly mould/ container, sprinkler cubed sea coconut, pour remaining mixture.
5. Leave it to cool to room temperature before chilling in the fridge. Serve chilled.
I love the golden brown color!!! And the crunchiness of the sea coconut bites. Adding the sea coconut syrup gave the jelly ‘meat’ a consistent taste of sea coconut and an amazing brown color. Sweetness was just alright for me. Good to have in the warm afternoon or after dinner. If you are not a fan of sea coconut, can always try substituting with other canned fruits.
A sweet ending